Thanks to @MaggieFOD for the heads-up!
Thanks to @kimak for the heads-up!
From an email sent from the Freedom Festival to AFS:
Dear Fan Clubs,
This is just a note to tell you David Archuleta will be appearing at this year’s
Stadium of Fire on Saturday, July 2nd. America’s Freedom Festival puts on one
of the biggest patriotic celebrations in the country and this includes our
signature event- Stadium of Fire. David will be appearing with headliner Brad
Paisley. Our website to find out more about the events of the Festival and
Stadium of Fire is www.freedomfestival.org
If any fans are interested, this email will allow you to purchase tickets on
March 2nd and March 3rd. During this pre sale you may purchase tickets online
at BYUtickets.com and enter the promo code “DAVID“. The code is case
sensitive. To purchase online before the public sales please follow this
directions- on the BYUtickets.com page click on Order Online, then Events, then
Promotion Login. On this page enter the promo code. Remember ticket fees and
delivery fees apply EACH time you enter through the Promotion Login. Online
sales will begin at 9:00 AM on March 2nd.
Tickets will go on sale to the public March 4th at 9 AM. Of course you may
purchase at that time also.
We hope to see David Archuleta fans in the audience on July 2.
It’s like birthday month in my family, but happy birthday to my brother today!
Daniel plays the guitar while David sings ‘You Can’ at the Sundance Film Festival
UPDATE: From @pouncer84:
The Childrens Miracle Network “Music for Smiles” CD Gifting Campaign!!
Music for Smiles~Touching the Hearts of Children with David’s Music ~
Angels for a Cause is proud to announce our brand new project!! We all love David’s new CD “The Other Side of Down” and it truly lifts our spirits on a daily basis when we are feeling a little down. Well, its time to share David’s music with children who need a smile and positive messages through song. We started by contacting all the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and got a HUGE response from lots of hospitals that are SO EXCITED to receive David’s music! We have over 75 hospitals participating in this project and probably one close to where you live! They are going to use the CD’s for various things such as prizes for games, a present for a child’s birthday, a gift for a child going through a tough procedure, music therapy for anxious kids, discharge gifts and more! “Things are Gonna Get Better” would be the perfect song for a worried child, dont you think?
So, we are all here to support David, right? Now, you can support his music while at the same time giving a sick child hope and inspiration! This project is very easy! All you have to do is purchase David’s TOSOD CD’s and have it shipped to a CMN Hospital of your choice! You can purchase 1, you can purchase 10! Its up to you! You can send to one hospital or many hospitals! This is a great way to share David’s CD as well and create new fans! We did some research and David’s CD’s are available right now for a low price online through:
1) Amazon $11.97 (free shipping over $25)
2) Target $12.99 (free shipping over $50)
3) Walmart $10 (WOW!)
4) Barnes and Noble (free shipping over $25)
Or, you can purchase one at a store near you and have it shipped from your house. Or maybe you picked one up in the last week to support David and you can share those!!
Once you ship a CD to one of the hospitals below, please email your name, state, and hospital you shipped to as well as how many CD’s went there to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are going to compile a list and present to David at a later date!!! We will also update you throughout the project to let you know which hospitals are getting the CDs so far, what hospital is in the lead, and what hospitals we don’t want to forget!
THIS PROJECT WILL CONTINUE AT LEAST THROUGH THE WHOLE MONTH OF MARCH!!!
Be sure to tweet what hospital you have sent your CD to and spread the word!! And leave a comment below!
In the Next Post Below is a list of all the hospitals and full addresses. Be sure to include the contact person and/or department if there is one in the address when shipping so the Cd goes to the right place!!
Let’s make a difference in these children’s lives and share David’s beautiful uplifting music!
I want to give a BIG thank you hug to the 3 women who helped me make this project possible! Thank you to Jana, Stephanie, and Sharon!!
Source: Angels For A Cause
ADDRESSES for CMN PROJECT
Please be sure to include the Attn: line in the shipping address so the Cd goes to the right place!
I have condensed the addresses as much as possible so I could fit them. Any ?s, let us know
1) The Childrens Hospital at Providence Attn: Bonnie Hiers-Child Life Dept.
3200 Providence Drive Anchorage, AK 99508
2) University of South Alabama Children’s & Women’s Hospital Attn: Child Life Dept.
1700 Center St. Mobile, AL 36604-3391
3) Phoenix Childrens Hospital Attn: Veronica Taylot-Child Life Dept.
1919 E. Thomas Rd. Pheonix, AZ 85016
4) Children’s Hospital Central California Attn: MaryBeth Jones-Child Life Dept.
9300 Valley Children’s Place Madera, CA 93636-8762
5) CHOC Children’s Hospital Attn: Child Life Dept
455 S. Main St. Orange, CA 92868-3874
6) UC Davis Children’s Hospital Attn: Diane Sundberg- Child Life Dept.
2315 Stockton Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95817
7) Connecticut Children’s Medical Center Attn: Edy-Child Life Dept.
282 Washington St. Suite 5C Hartford, CT 06106
Children’s National Medical Center Attn-Terry Spearman-Child Life Services
111 Michigan Ave., NW Washington , DC 20010
9) The Children’s Hospital/Anshultz Medical Campus Attn: Volunteers Dept.
13123 East 16th Ave. Aurora, CO 80045
10) Shands Children’s Hospital Attn: Child Life Dept.
1600 SW Archer Rd. Room 4521 Gainesville, FL 32610
11) Wolfson Children’s Hospital Attn: Child Life Dept.
800 Prudential Drive Jacksonville, FL 32207
12) Miami Children’s Hospital Attn: Child Life Dept.
3100 SW 62nd Ave. Miami, FL 33155
13) Sacred Heart Hospital Attn: Meghan Kamau-Child Life Dept.
5151 N. 9th Ave. Pensacola, FL 32504
14) The Children’s Hospital at the Medical Center of Central Georgia Attn: Child Life Dept.
888 Pine Street Macon, GA 31201
15) The Children’s Hospital at Memorial University Medical Center Attn: Child Life Dept.
4700 Waters Avenue Savannah, GA 31403
16) Kapi’olani Medical Center for Women & Children Attn: Child Life Dept.
1319 Punahou Street Honolulu, HI 96826
17) Univ. of Iowa Children’s Hospital Attn: Child Life Dept.
200 Hawkins Drive Room T100GH Iowa City, IA 52242
18) St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital Attn: Miranda Melnyk-Child Life Dept.
190 E. Bannock St. Boise, ID 83702
19) Children’s Hospital of Illinois Attn: Child Life Dept.
530 N.E. Glen Oak Ave. Peoria, IL 61637
20) Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana Univ. Health Attn: Melissa Sexton CCLS-CMT
705 Riley Hospital Dr – Room 4530 Indianapolis, IN 46202
21) Via Christi Wichita Health Network Attn: Angie Long
929 S. St. Francis Wichita, KS 67214
22) The Univ. of Kansas Medical Center Attn: Lynn Harris- Child Life Dept.
P O Box 3245 Kansas City, KS 66103
23) Kosair Children’s Hospital Attn: Carrie Potter-Child Life Dept.
231 E. Chestnut St, N-38 Louisville, KY 40202
24) Kentucky Children’s Hospital Attn: Judy Martin-Child Life Dept.
800 Rose St. HA444 Lexington, KY 40536
25) Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital Attn: Danielle Hatch-Child Life Dept.
5000 Hennessy Blvd. Baton Rouge, LA 70808
26) John Hopkins Children’s Center Attn: Child Life Dept.
600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore, MD 21287
27) Baystate Health Foundation Attn: Ely Dunn
280 Chestnut St. Springfield, Mass 01199
28) Eastern Maine Medical Center Attn: Amy Baker-Child Life Services
489 State Street Bangor. ME 04401
29) C.A. Dean Memorial Hospital Hospital Administration-Attn; Jessica
P O Box 1129 Greenville, ME 04441
30) The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital Attn: Elliot Pitts, Child Life Dept.
22 Bramhall Portland, ME 04102
31) The Aroostook Medical Center Attn: Doris Ginette Pitre-WCH
140 Academy Street Presqueisle, ME 04769
32) Children’s Miracle Network Attn: Linda Tracy-Stevens
1 Hurley Plaza Flint, MI 48503
33) Sparrow Foundation Attn: Joy Wesiman
1110 E. Michigan Lansing, MI 48912
34) Childrens Miracle Network Attn: Donna Lucy CMN
3711 W. 13 Mile Rd Royal Oak, MI 48073
35) Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital Attn: Jennifer Adams
100 Michigan St NE- MC 004 Grand Rapids, MI 49503
36) Gillette Children’s Specialty Health Care Attn: Jessica Miller-Child & Family Services
200 University Ave-E St. Paul, MN 55101
37) Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center Attn: David Ish
1465 S. Grand Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63104
38) Cox Health Attn: Child Life Dept
3801 South National Ave. Springfield, MO 65807
39) Children’s Miracle Network Attn: Kathy Watson
931 East 32nd St. Joplin, MO 64804
40) Univ of Mississippi Medical Center Attn: Public Affairs CMN
2500 North State St. Jackson, Mississippi 39216
41) Shodair Children’s Hospital Attn: Terri Foundation
P O Box 5539 Helena, MT 59604
42) Children’s Hospital and Medical Center Attn: Alyssa DeFrain
8401 W. Dodge Road Suite 160 Omaha, NE 68114
43) Children’s Specialized Hospital Attn: Laura Kompany
200 Somerset Street New Brunswick, NJ 08901
44) Renown Foundation Attn: Kiemmy Boc
1300 Mill Street Reno, NV 89502
45) UNM Children’s Hospital Attn: Julia Grimes Child Life Program
2211 Lomas Blvd. NE Albuquerque, NM 87106
46) Childrens Miracle Network Hospitals Attn: LauraLee Potter
690 Medical Drive Greenville, NC 27835
47) Duke Children’s Hospital Attn: Anna
512 South Mangum St-Suite 400 Durham, NC 27701
48) Sanford Health Foundation Attn: Hillery Mork
P O Box 2010 Fargo, ND 58122-0302
49) Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Attn: Vinnie Marie DeMarco 6th Fl Child Life Dept
3415 Bainbridge Ave Bronx, NY 10467
50) Golisano Children’s Hospital Attn: Betsy Findlay Child Life Dept.
300 E. River Road Rochester, NY 14623
51) Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital Attn: Toni Gary
750 East Adams Street Syracuse, NY 13210
52) Children’s Hospital at Albany Medical Center Attn: Amy Provencher, Child Life
43 New Scotland Ave. Office D706 Albany, NY 12208
53) Nationwide Children’s Hospital Foundation Attn: Brian Harmon
700 Childrens Drive Columbus, OH 43205
54) Children’s Hospital Medical Center of Akron Attn: Volunteer Dept.
One Perkins Square Akron, OH 44308-1062
55) Mercy Children’s Hospital Attn: Jane Mesmer 6th Floor Child Life Dept.
2213 Cherry Street Toledo, OH 43608
56) Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital Attn: Child Life Dept. Room 540
11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland, OH 44106
57) The Children’s Hospital Foundation at Saint Francis Attn: Carrie Modrak
6161 South Yale Avenue Tulsa, OK 74136
58) Rogue Valley Medical Center Attn: Vickie Miller
2825 E. Barnett Road Medford, OR 97504
59) Sacred Heart Medical Center Attn: Children’s Miracle Network
123 International Way Springfield, OR 97477
60) Dornbeckers Hospital Attn: CLD Code 10S/DC105
700 SW Campus Drive Portland, OR 97239
61) Hershey Children’s Hospital Mail Code H077 Attn: Carol Fees
500 University Drive Hershey, PA 17033
62) The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Foundation Attn:Donation (Goods)
P O Box 8500 Philadelphia, PA 19178-1352
63) St. Vincent’s PA Health Center Attn: Lisa Kaveney
232 West 25th Erie, PA 16544
64) Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation Attn: Amy Razem
4401 Penn Ave. Central Plant Floor 3 Pittsburgh, PA 15224
65) Hasbro Children’s Hospital Attn: Marianne Cooney Child Life Rm 144
583 Eddy Street Providence, RI 02903
66) McCleod Foundation Attn: Davis Sawyer
800 East Cheves St. Florence, SC 29502
67) Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital Attn: Child Life Staff
7 Richland Medical Park Columbia, SC 29203
68) Rapid City Regional Hospital Attn: Angie Kliewer
353 Fairmont Blvd Rapid City, SD 57701
69) Children’s Miracle Network Attn: Shawna Van Wyhe
1305 W. 18th St. Sioux Falls, SD 57117
70) Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt Attn: Director,Child Life Services
2200 Children’s Way Suite 2116 Nashville, TN 37232-9002
71) Wellmont Health Systems Attn: Anita Douthat,Foundation Office
1905 American Way Suite 102 Kingsport, TN 37660
72) La Bonheur Children’s Medical Center Attn: Stephanie Kellough, Child Life
50 North Dunlap Memphis, TN 38103
73) East Tennessee Children’s Hospital Attn: Community Relations Dept/Teen Activity Donation
2018 Clinch Ave Knoxville, TN 37901-5010
74) Dell Children’s Medical Center Attn: Ms. Williams, Child Life
4900 Mueller Blvd Austin, TX 78723
75) Texas Children’s Hospital Attn: Volunteer Services
6621 Fannin Street Houston, TX 77030
76) Primary Children’s Medical Center Attn: Lillieth Grand-Music Therapy Program
100 N. Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City, UT 84103
77) Children’s Hospital of Richmond Attn: Cassie Coker
2924 Brook Rd Richmond, VA 23220-1298
78) Children’s Hospital & Health System Foundation M.S. 3050 Attn: Tiffany Cvikota
P.O. Box 1997 Milwaukee, WI 53201
79) West Virginia Univ Children’s Hospital Attn Child Life Dept.
1 Medical Center #2278 Morgantown, WV 26506
WHEW!!! Thats ALOT of typing!! If you have any questions about any of the addresses, please email me at email@example.com. Also, be sure to read the post before this one about the project and we will post stories that we have from some of our telephone conversations with the hospitals. I think David has gained some new fans!
Source: Angels For A Cause
The ‘American Idol’ Honor Roll: The Best of Vegas and The Beatles
The Beatles and American Idol: It’s an affair we can never avoid. No, I don’t mean it as a bad thing: those Liverpudlians have made some of the best songs we’ve ever heard, and some of the most memorable performances on Idol were of those songs. (Case in point: season 7′s back-to-back Beatle-themed weeks, resulting in David Cook’s “Eleanor Rigby” and David Archuleta’s “Imagine.” Yes, I know, it’s not a Beatles song, but it counts.)
Full article: Buddy TV
A fan tribute video capturing many of David’s moments on American Idol